Friday, July 24, 2015

Class Decor

Since I am changing classrooms and grades this year, I took this opportunity to change up my classroom decor "theme". Up until last year, I have always had a theme such as jungle, under the sea, sports, etc. Last year, I decorated in turquoise and lime green with some Hawaiian touches such as on the labels and a few decorations.

This year, I wanted to find something that would match with all the turquoise and lime green bins and other items I bought last year, but maybe a little different,

I decided on focusing on the Paisley, Turquoise, Blue and Green decor set from Schoolgirl Style.

I kept the turquoise and lime green elements I already had and have added some navy blue elements, including chevron borders.

Here are some pictures of what I have done so far:

I covered the computer table in navy blue chevron wrapping paper I found at TJ Maxx. It is a very thick paper. Then, I covered the wrapping paper with a clear plastic tablecloth and used turquoise duct tape to attach it to the table. (I'm still working on organizing the computer area.)

I have printed out banners for the bulletin boards from the Schoolgirl Style set I bought.I used a blue chevron border under a turquoise border. The background of each bulletin board is black cloth from twin sheets from Walmart ($4 each). 


I am going to hang up Student Work on this board. I stapled colored cardstock to the board. Then, I hot glued burlap clothespins to each paper. This makes it easy to change out the student work. Each clothespin has a strip of burlap on it. I bought the clothespins from Target. A pack of 4 was $1.


This filing cabing was already in the room. I added strips of the blue chevron border just to coordinate with the rest of the room.


Here is another picture of a banner I printed out.


This shows the edge of the Smart Board and part of the white board. The turquoise and green baskets are the students' Book Baskets. The numbers on the baskets are from the Schoolgirl Style set I bought. 

I'm still finishing up my room. I'll post more pictures as I go.I love the colors in the room! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips