Friday, September 4, 2015

My Favorite Subject to Teach: Teacher Week


I LOVE teaching Math! This is my 19th year of teaching (1st and 2nd grades) and I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Math to young children.

I love the way their eyes light up when they are able to solve difficult math problems by themselves after weeks and weeks of learning the strategies and how to use manipulatives to help them. (I know they also light up when learning to read, which I also enjoy, but I seem to enjoy the subject of math even more.)




I always use hands-on activities when possible in Math. It really helps the children to develop a strong understanding of the math. We do data activities each week and use a variety of graphs. The children learn to ask their own questions, collect the data, and share the results. 

For the past 8 years, I taught 1st grade. Since I have been using the Common Core Standards over the past several years, I have become very knowledgeable about each Standard. As I learned each Standard, I created materials to use in my classroom. When I became familiar with Teachers Pay Teachers, I posted those items on there. If you would like to look at them, you can click on the image below to go to my Teachers Pay Teachers store.


Leader Board Superb

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips